1. Officers Section of Employment Directorate
DGR provides employment assistance to retired Officers of the three services. This section deals with policy, planning and placement of retired, regular and Short Service Commissioned Officers of the three services, who have registered themselves with DGR for employment assistance.
2. Registration of Officers
Officers can register their names with Employment Directorate, DGR for employment or self-employment assistance.
3. Registration for Employment Assistance
(a) Eligibility Criteria
- Officers should be covered under the definition of ex-servicemen as laid down by the Government of India, (Department of Personnel and Training, GSR 757(E) Dated 04 October 2012)
- Officers can register their names with DGR for employment assistance within five years from the date of retirement/release and before attaining the age of 59 years of age (Maj Gen & equivalent & below) and 61 years for Lt Gen & equivalent ranks.
- Officers proceeding on release/ retirement on superannuation/PMR/ completion of terms of engagement period may register only after receipt of release/retirement order for Gen Employment scheme only. For other benefits an Ex Serviceman Officer can register post retirement once on receipt of PPO and Retirement Order.
- All Officers invalidated out due to medical reasons may register only if eligible for disability pensions and certified fit for civil employment.
Following documents to be submitted along with the registration form in duplicate (except CD):-
- Copy of the Bio-data/CV/Resume along with a soft copy in CD. Copy each of retirement/release order.
- Copy of Pension payment order (PPO), Pensioners Copy only.
- Copy of gratuity order, in case of Short Service Commissioned Officers released on completion of terms of engagement.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Copy of Pan Card.
- Copy of ESM I Card (Issued by Zila Sainik Board/ Rajya Sainik Board only).
- Copy of latest ITR-V.
- Copy of Permanent Address proof.
3. Renewal of Registration
Officers who have registered themselves for employment assistance are required to renew their registration once in a year. Purpose of yearly renewal is to get to know present status of officers whether employed or they still need employment assistance from DGR and also to ensure that names of only those officers are sponsored to prospective employers who need employment.
It is important that changes in address, telephone numbers and particulars are intimated to this office immediately on occurrence. This will facilitate this office to update our database and keep in touch with the officers particularly when prospective employers have to contact them for interview / queries.
Officers registered with DGR after getting jobs are required to inform this office about their appointment so that their names can be put on inactive list for time being and chance of sponsorship given to those officers who are still in need of employment.
6. Resume (CV)
Officer's resume establishes the first contact with an employer and therefore must be written carefully. Generally employers calls for interviews based on the contents of the CV alone and as studies have indicated that over 87% resumes get rejected simply because of ineffectual quality. Those qualities and skills should be highlighted which are going to be useful to the corporate or industry. Some of the points which need to be kept in mind while writing resume are:-
- Resume should preferably be of only one typed page but not to exceed two pages.
- Should be neatly typed on a good quality paper.
- Service courses should be translated into equivalent civil experience/ qualification that is understood by civilian employers.
- Resume should cover briefly the job objective, personal qualities, professional abridgement/profile, core competencies, career path, key result areas and educational credentials.
7. Registration of PBOR
The process of registration can be started 12 months (one year) before the actual date of release of the ex-Servicemen. The Officer Commanding of the Unit is to prepare the Employment Index Card in Triplicate and forward to Records Office who after scrutiny of particulars will forward to the concerned Zila Sainik Board. He will be registered by the Zila Sainik Board and registration number will be allotted. The ex-Servicemen can also contact their concerned Zila Sainik Board directly for registration. Every ex-Serviceman who registers with the ZSBs has to renew his registration once in three years. Ex-servicemen who are residing in any part of the country, can register themselves with DGR for employment assistance subject to verification of documents, viz. Discharge Book, in original, copy of AADHAR CARD, ESM I-CARD issued by RSB/ ZSB, Copy of PPO and caste certificate (if belongs to SC / ST / OBC) from competent civic authorities viz. Tehsildar / SDM.
8.Reservation Central/State Governments.
The ESM have been accorded reservation in Central/State government jobs. The details are as follows:-
|S No.||Category||Group 'C'|
|a||Central Ministries||Deptts 10 percent|
- For the purpose of appointment in Group ‘C’ posts under the Central Government as well as Public Sector Undertakings the following priority is accorded:-
- In Defence Security Corps, 100% vacancies are reserved for ESM.
- Ex-Servicemen have also been granted relaxation in age and educational qualification and exemption/ concessions from payment of application/ examination fees.
- In addition, under the existing instructions, for the purpose of appointment of Group 'C' under the Central Govt as well as Public Sector Undertakings filled by the employment exchanges, disabled ex-Servicemen whose disability is attributable to Military Service are accorded Priority I. Further, upto two dependents of Defence Service Personnel killed in action or severely disabled (with 50 percent and above disability and who have become unfit for employment but disability is attributable to Military Service) are given Priority IIA for the purpose of employment. Registration under Priority I and Priority II-A is done by DGE&T, Ministry of Labour through Zila Sainik Board/Records Offices. All such applications duly completed and verified have to be sent to Sub-Regional Employment Office, Central Employment Exchange, 14/11, Jamnagar House, New Delhi-110011 by the Zila Sainik Boards/ Record Office. Widow/son/daughter of Defence Service Personnel died while in service (death not attributable to Military Service) are also required to forward applications duly completed to the Records Office of the deceased soldier, which will forward such applications to DGE&T. However, due to downsizing of establishment, employment opportunities are on the decline under the subject schemes and the beneficiaries are negligible.
- Employment by State Governments. A number of State Governments have provided reservations/concessions to the ex-Servicemen in their respective State Services/posts. These concessions have been highlighted under the respective State concessions.