2. Serious Diseases Grant.
Financial assistance towards cases of Serious Diseases is applicable @ 75% and 90% of total cost of operation, medication and hospital admission for officers and PBORs respectively, restricted to a maximum of Rs 1,25,000/-. The assistance towards serious diseases is available only for the non-pensioners ESM and their dependents wef 01 April 2008 for the following treatments only:-
|(a) Angiography, Angioplasty, CABG.||75% and 90% in respect of Officers and PBOR respectively upto a maximum of Rs. 1,25,000/- per financial year.|
|(b) Open Heart Surgery, Valve Replacement.||75% and 90% in respect of Officers and PBOR respectively upto a maximum of Rs. 1,25,000/- per financial year.|
|(c) Pacemaker Implants, Renal Transplant.||75% and 90% in respect of Officers and PBOR respectively upto a maximum of Rs. 1,25,000/- per financial year.|
|(d) Prostrate Surgery, Joint Replacement.|
|(e) Cerebral Stroke.|
|(f) Dialysis and Cancer -||75% and 90 % for Officers and PBOR respect of Officers and PBOR respectively upto a maximum of Rs. 75,000/- per financial year.|
3. The following information/documents are required to process the financial assistance cases pertaining to Serious Diseases Grant:-
- An application form requesting financial assistance from KSB along with the under mentioned details/ documents.
- Details of financial assistance received from any other source.
- If re-employed, details of medical facilities provided by the employer.
- Photocopy of Discharge Book duly attested by the Zila Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Original Bills duly countersigned by Hospital Authorities.
- Photocopy of Hospital Admission and Discharge Summary duly countersigned by Hospital Authorities.
4. The ESM/ Widow is required to submit the required information/ documents to the respective Zila Sainik Board, which forwards the same to KSB after due scrutiny. An undertaking will be given by the applicant availing financial assistance for Serious Diseases Grant from RMDF/ AFFD fund to the effect that he has clearly understood the provisions/guidelines of RMDF/AFFDF which are not reimbursement schemes and are merely Ex-gratia grants meant for medical assistance/ grant and the applicant will not resort to any litigation in any court to claim the full reimbursement of his treatment.
5. Cases of un-listed diseases, where the expenditure exceeds Rs 1.00 Lac will be forwarded to DGAFMS for approval. The expenditure against prolonged treatment like dialysis, cancer etc will be retained at a maximum of Rs 75000/- per annum against actual expenditure, based on the calculation at the rate of 75% and 90% of actual cost of treatment for officers and PBORs respectively. The process of submitting the documents to KSB is the same as above and the amount paid from the AFFD Fund.
6. Recurring Grant for War Memorial Hostels.
Maintenance grants to War Memorial Hostels in respect of wards of war-widows/ war-disabled/ wards of service personnel whose death/ disability is attributable to Military Service (Attributable Cases) and wards of service personnel whose death/ disability is not attributable to Military Service (died in harness) (Non-Attributable Cases) are processed by the respective Regimental Centres and forwarded to KSB for sanction. These grants are applicable as follows (rates effective from 01st Apr 12):-
- Attributable Cases - Rs 1350/- per month per child.
- Non-Attributable Cases - 675/- per month per child.